Friday, June 3, 2011

The Latest from our Garden!

Cucumbers and African Blue Basil ld
 These are the latest pictures of our Gordon's produce.  We are excited about our pending harvest!  Please check out our recipe pages for new ways to use our veggies!

The basil is so fragrant, I have used it in my spaghetti sauce and it was great!  Can't wait to use it with our tomatoes!
The cucumbers are awesome.  Check our recipe page for a twist on cukes and vinegar
 
Green Zebra, Black Krim, Cherokee Purple, Sun Gold and Mortgage Heirloom Tomatoes



The tomatoes...what can I say!  
The Heirloom Sun Gold cherry tomatoes are off the chain!! They are the sweetest cherry tomatoes I have ever had.









 Our Heirloom Black Krim tomatoes promise to be a real treat.  This tomato is originally from the Isle of Krim on the Black Sea in the former Soviet Union.It will be a gem!  This rare, and outstanding tomato yields a slightly flattened dark-red (mahogany-colored) slightly maroon, beefsteak tomatoes with deep green shoulders. Green gel around seeds. Fantastic, intense, slightly salty taste (which is great for those not wanting to add salt to their tomatoes).

Green Zebra tomatoes

Our Heirloom Green Zebra's  are unusual and exquisite tomato.   The 2-inch round fruit ripens to a yellow-gold with dark-green zebra-like stripes. The flesh is lime-emerald green in color and has an invigorating lemon-lime flavor. A great tomato for brightening up salads and other tomato dishes





Bush Beans and beets

Our beets have not rooted.  I pulled up one plant looking for beets... alas there were none!  I did use the tops in my salad!!

I have already had a handful of these beans.  I love beans, I eat them raw!  I blanched these, added some lemon juice and tossed them in a salad  (made with our lettuce of course!)  They were delicious!  Recipes for healthy green bean dishes will be found on our Recipe Page!



Green tint and white patty pan, crook and straight neck and zucchini squash

I fried up two of the crook neck squash from our garden along with three Straight necks from Ed's garden and they were delicious!  
Seems like nobody had heard of or had Patty Pan Squash...I am waiting for two more Patty Pans so I can fry them up as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment